Incomat Flex is used wherever the level of hydraulic loads demands a permeable mattress with a greater weight per unit area. Here too, application of the unique vertical tie principle in the manufacturing process allows the production of mattresses in thicknesses of up to 56 cm.
Incomat Flex consists of individual ("cushion“) units that are linked together by integral connection strips. The tapered profile at the strip positions creates a hinge zone or plane of weakness for crack concentration.
Wovenin filter-points at the strip intersections allow the relief of any hydrostatic pressure accumulating behind the revetment. The tapered connection strips provide the mattress with a degree of two-dimensional flexibility to accommodate any settlement in the base or underflow below the mattress.
Simple installation process
- Preparation of formation
- Spreading out of panels
- Filling of panels with fluid concrete/mortar
- Erosion cotrol for high hydraulic loads and settlement-prone bases
- Permeable concrete mattress with large construction thickness
- Vertical ties arrangement maximises filling height
- Constant thickness, also on uneven base
- Manufactured thickness 8 cm to 56 cm
- Relief of excess pore water pressures behind concrete mattress
- Project-specific customisation
- Classed as harmless under M Geok E 2016 (Guidance Paper on the Use of Geosynthetics in Earthworks for Roadbuilding Projects) and BBodSchV (German Federal Soil Protection and Contaminated Sites Ordinance)
Incomat is a registered trademark of HUESKER Synthetic GmbH